The Thunderman Family is the central family in the television series, The Thundermans. They are a family of superheroes who were originally from Metroburg, but moved to Hiddenville to live a normal suburban life.
- Hank Thunderman – father
- Barb Thunderman – mother
- Phoebe Thunderman and Max Thunderman – twins, oldest daughter and son respectively
- Billy Thunderman – youngest son and middle child
- Nora Thunderman – middle daughter
- Chloe Thunderman – youngest daughter
Relatives of The Thundermans
On Barb's Side
- Cousin Blobbin is their wealthy cousin on Barb's side. Towards the Thunderman Family, he can be playful and fun. He often visits the Thundermans to do special needs such as babysitting Doggin, as seen in Dog Day After-School.
- Uncle Wilfred is Barb's uncle. His superhero name is All American Blob and Blobbin, Barb's nephew, is his sidekick. Wilfred passed away and all his fortune was handed to Cousin Blobbin in Weekend Guest.
- Mandy McBooger is Barb's sister. She made her appearance in Aunt Misbehavin'. In the past, Mandy and Barb did almost every activity together including creating a dance called Electric McBooger Babes. Unlike Barb, she resides in Metroburg.
On Hank's Side
Pop Pop Thunderman
- Pop Pop is Hank's father, Barb’s father-in-law and the kids' grandfather. Hank's superpowers comes from Pop Pop - Supersonic Flight and Superhuman Strength. His superhero name is Sergeant Thunder.
- Nana Thunderman is Hank's mother, Barb’s mother-in-law and the kids' grandmother. Her superpower is Emotion Manipulation - a superpower that changes the feeling of the victim. To change the victim's emotion to happiness, Nana pinches the victim on the cheek. Her superhero name is Thunder Woman.
- Aunt Maggie: owns a farm where Clone Phoebe and the real Dr. Colosso are sent to. Mentioned in ‘Phoebe’s a Clone Now’.
- Dr. Colosso – supervillain turned pet bunny
Barb and Hank met at a party back in Metroburg before Barb became Electress. After their first kiss, Barb's Electrokinesis got activated, leading to electric sparks. Literally. After realizing that they both had superpowers, they started fighting crime and saving the world together. During their wedding, Dr. Colosso turned them into goats as a revenge for stopping him from forcefully holding a wedding at the Oval Office. The Hero League found a way to turn them back into humans, after which Hank and Barb went after Dr. Colosso and turned him into a pet bunny.
While still fighting crime in Metroburg, Barb and Hank were blessed with twins, Phoebe and Max. They were later blessed with Billy and Nora. Raising the four kids while saving the world proved to be a difficult task for the family. So, they started considering retiring and living a normal life. In Winter Thunderland, Max gave them coal for Christmas as an act of rebellion. However, Hank used his Super Strength to turn the coal into diamonds, giving them enough money to retire and leave the superhero life. With the help of the Hero League, they bought a house in Hiddenville and decided to lead a normal life by keeping their superpowers a secret.
As part of keeping their secret, the Thundermans had a "no non-supes in the house" rule which prevented any of them from inviting their friends over. However, the rule was removed in Dinner Party when the kids proved that they can manage to go without using superpowers when there are guests around.
In A Hero Is Born, the Thundermans were blessed with a baby girl, Chloe Thunderman. On that same day, Max got kidnapped by villains after taking Dr. Colosso to a Villains League award ceremony. This led to the Thundermans secret being exposed to Cherry since Phoebe needed to have someone take care of Chloe while she saves Max. Cherry kept the Thundermans secret for a year before the whole family got exposed in Thundermans: Secret Revealed. In an attempt to stop Phoebe from becoming ThunderGirl, Dark Mayhem enlisted Max to help him take down Phoebe but Max eventually chose the right side and the Thundermans fought together to stop Dark Mayhem.
After their secret was revealed, the Thundermans generated a lot of buzz in Hiddenville and became the center of attention, in Thundermans: Banished. This led to more harm than good, putting the city in danger. Billy and Nora caused a fan war during ThunderCon while Max and Phoebe destroyed Splatburger arguing over which powers to use. This angered the Hero League, forcing President Kickbutt to banish the Thundermans to Antarctica. However, when Max and Phoebe realized that Hiddenville was in danger, they risked losing their powers just to save the city. As a result, Kickbutt allowed the Thundermans to live in Hiddenville and tricked Hiddenville people into thinking that she had taken away the Thundermans powers. Cherry overheard the conversation and, again, becomes the only non-supe who knows the truth.
Since then, the Thundermans have continued to live a double life in Hiddenville.
In All the President's Thunder-Men, the Thunderman family becomes the first family when Hank becomes the Super President of the Hero League following Kickbutt's resignation. However, being the first family turns out to be a disaster for the entire family, except Max and Phoebe. Hank and Barb are unable to handle the Hero League duties in addition to dealing with Hank's cake scandal. Nora and Billy are no longer allowed to play together because the security guards have to protect Billy from Nora's lasers. Eventually, the twins apologize to Kickbutt and ask her to become the super president again. Hank gives back the presidency to Kickbutt. So, the Thundermans lose their royal status as the first family.
By The Thunder Games, the Thunderman Family were back to fighting crime when Phoebe and Max ask their family to join the Z-Force. Kickbutt tells them their first mission and they go take him down in their Super Suits.
Facts and Trivia
- They are a family of superheroes and have superpowers.
- Billy and Chloe are the only ones whose superpowers are not intended for use in fights. Billy can use his super-speed when punching and kicking, but it isn't its main purpose.
- They work for the Hero League.
- They have four hero-league modified vehicles:
- The Thunder Van (a modified Mercedes Sprinter).
- Silver Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban without logos.
- Gray Hyundai Sonata without logos.
- Cherry was the first human to know their secret, and is still the only one to know that they have powers.
- They are all very good at keeping secrets, except for Phoebe and Billy.
- They are all very competitive and always do everything they can to win, except for Billy.
- Hank admitted several times that he's not afraid to compete with his kids. In Cape Fear, he even tried to sabotage Billy and Nora from breaking his camping record.
- Barb electrocuted Nora and Billy in Stealing Home so that she can win the Splatburger competition and appear in the commercial.
- Phoebe and Max compete against each other and the rest of the family in almost everything they do.
- Nora doesn't hesitate to laser anyone who stands in her way of getting what she wants.
- Hank, Max and Billy all wanted to go to the beach while Barb, Phoebe, and Nora all wanted to go to the castles for their vacation in Up, Up, and Vacay. So, they split up into 2 teams and competed to see who would win.
- They are all scared of Nora.
- They all hate and are hated by Mrs. Wong. Principal Bradford also hates them, except for Billy, Nora and Chloe since Bradford doesn't know them.
- They're all sloppy eaters:
- All of the boys (Hank, Max, Billy) have a very laid-back personality and tend not to take life seriously, as compared to all of the girls (Barb, Phoebe, Nora, and Chloe) who are all very serious and uptight.
- Hank and Max are by far the most unhealthy eaters, most materialistic, most attracted to TV and also the strongest.
- Hank, Billy, and Chloe are the fastest travelers in the world as Hank can fly, Billy can super-speed while Chloe can teleport.