The Thunderman Family is the central family in the television series, The Thundermans. It is a family of superheroes who were originally from Metroburg, but moved to Hiddenville to live a normal suburban life.
- Hank Thunderman - father
- Barb Thunderman - mother
- Phoebe Thunderman - oldest daughter and child overall, Max's twin
- Max Thunderman - oldest son, Phoebe's twin
- Billy Thunderman - youngest son
- Nora Thunderman - middle daughter
- Chloe Thunderman - youngest daughter
Relatives of The Thundermans
- Dr. Colosso - supervillain turned pet bunny
Barb and Hank met at a party in Metroburg back before Barb became Electress. After their first kiss, Barb's Electrokinesis got activated, leading to electric sparks. Literally. After realizing that they both had superpowers, they started fighting crime and saving the world together. During their wedding, Dr. Colosso turned them into goats as a revenge for stopping him from forcefully holding a wedding at the Oval Office. The Hero League found a way to turn them back into humans, after which Hank and Barb went after Dr. Colosso and turned him into a pet bunny.
While still fighting crime in Metroburg, Barb and Hank were blessed with twins, Phoebe and Max. They were later blessed with Billy and Nora. Raising the four kids while saving the world proved to be a difficult task for the family. So, they started considering retiring and living a normal life. In Winter Thunderland, Max gave them coal for Christmas as an act of rebellion. However, Hank used his Super Strength to turn the coal into diamond, giving them enough money to retire and leave the superhero life. With the help of the Hero League, they bought a house in Hiddenville and decided to lead a normal life by keeping their superpowers a secret.
As part of keeping their secret, the Thundermans had a "no non-supes in the house" rule which prevented any of them from inviting their friends over. However, the rule was removed in Dinner Party when the kids proved that they can manage to go without using superpowers when there are guests around.
In 2015, the Thundermans were blessed with a baby girl, Chloe Thunderman. On that same day, Max got kidnapped by villains after taking Dr. Colosso to a Villains League award ceremony. This led to the Thundermans secret being exposed to Cherry since Phoebe needed to have someone take care of Chloe while she saves Max. Cherry kept the Thundermans secret for a year before the whole family got exposed in Thundermans: Secret Revealed. In an attempt to stop Phoebe from becoming ThunderGirl, Dark Mayhem enlisted Max to help him take down Phoebe but Max eventually chose the right side and the Thundermans fought together to stop Dark Mayhem.
After their secret was revealed, the Thundermans generated a lot of buzz in Hiddenville and became the center of attention, in Thundermans: Banished. This led to more harm than good, putting the city in danger. Billy and Nora caused a fanwar during ThunderCon while Max and Phoebe destroyed Splatburger arguing over which powers to use. This angered the Hero League, forcing President Kickbutt to banish the Thundermans to the Antarctica. However, when Max and Phoebe realized that Hiddenville was in danger, they risked losing their powers just to save the city. As a result, Kickbutt allowed the Thundermans to live in Hiddenville and tricked Hiddenville people into thinking that she had taken away the Thundermans powers. Cherry is the only non-supe who knows the truth.
Since then, the Thundermans have continued to live a double life in Hiddenville.
Notes and Trivia
- They are a family of superheros and have superpowers.
- They work for the Hero League.
- They have four hero-league modified vehicles:
- Cherry was the first human to know their secret, and is still the only one to know that they have their powers.
- They are all very good at keeping secrets, except for Phoebe and Billy.
- They are all very competitive and always do everything they can to win, except for Billy.
- Hank admitted several times that he's not afraid to compete with his kids. In Cape Fear, he even tried to sabotage Billy and Nora from breaking his camping record.
- Barb electrocuted Nora and Billy in Stealing Home so that she can win the commercial.
- Phoebe and Max compete against each other and the rest of the family in almost everything they do.
- Nora doesn't hesitate to laser anyone who stands in her way of getting what she wants.
- Hank, Max and Billy all wanted to go to the beach while Barb, Phoebe, and Nora all wanted to go to the castles for their vacation in Up, Up, and Vacay. So, they split up into 2 teams and competed to see who would win.
- They are all scared of Nora.
- They all hate and are hated by Mrs. Wong. Principal Bradford also hates them, except for Billy, Nora and Chloe since Bradford doesn't know them.
- They're all sloppy eaters:
- All of the boys (Hank, Max, Billy) have a very laid-back personality and tend to not take life seriously, as compared to all of the girls (Barb, Phoebe, Nora, and Chloe) who are all very serious and uptight.
- Hank and Max are by far:
- the most unhealthy eaters
- the most materialistic
- the most attracted to tv