The Thundermans is an American superhero live-action comedy television series, created by Jed Spingarn, that began airing on Nickelodeon, on October 14, 2013. The show won the award for Favorite Kids TV Show at the 2016 Kids' Choice Awards.
The Thundermans will become the second-longest running Nickelodeon live-action sitcom after iCarly with a total of 97 episodes.
Phoebe and Max Thunderman are twins who, although they have opposite personalities, share a common secret. The teens, along with their parents and younger siblings, are superheroes. But the family must keep the superpowers under wraps and live a normal life. Phoebe and Max have the same powers -- freeze breath and the ability to move objects via telekinesis -- but use them in opposite ways. Good-natured Phoebe tries to do the right thing, while troublemaker Max wants to become a supervillain. Little brother, Billy, is able to move at superspeed while little sis, Nora, has laser beam eyes. Dad, Hank, can fly and has extraordinary strength, but mom, Barb, is able to generate lightning from her hands. This family wants to lead a normal life? Good luck with that. 
- Kira Kosarin as Phoebe Thunderman
- Jack Griffo as Max Thunderman
- Diego Velazquez as Billy Thunderman
- Addison Riecke as Nora Thunderman
- Rosa Blasi as Barb Thunderman
- Chris Tallman as Hank Thunderman
- Maya Le Clark as Chloe Thunderman
- Dana Snyder as Dr. Colosso (voice)
Nickelodeon announced that it ordered 20 episodes for the show. The preview premiered on October 14, 2013 which received 2.4 million viewers. The show officially premiered on November 2, 2013.
The show was then renewed for a second season on December 20, 2013 which premiered on September 13, 2014. On February 21, 2015, the show was renewed for its third season which premiered on June 27, 2015. The series is now in its fourth season which was renewed on March 2, 2016 and premiered on October 22, 2016.
- The original pilot was filmed in the fall of 2012 with Tyler Peterson as Max Thunderman.
- Jed Spingarn was one of the co-producers of Nickelodeon hit series Big Time Rush and The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
- The air conditioning is always freezing, so between takes and during rehearsals, they all bundle up in onesies and bathrobes, especially on Onesie Wednesday.