Heck, I'm the protector of Hiddenville. If something went wrong, I'd call myself.
— Phoebe, Chutes and Splatters
Phoebe Thunderman is the protagonist of The Thundermans along with her twin brother Max Thunderman. She is a superhero whose superpowers include Telekinesis, Heat Breath and Freeze Breath. Her superhero name is ThunderGirl. Phoebe is portrayed by Kira Kosarin.
Like the rest of her family, Phoebe has superpowers and is training to become a superhero. Like her twin brother Max, Phoebe tries to use her powers for good.
School and Friends
In Hiddenville, Phoebe goes to Hiddenville High with Max. At the school, Phoebe made her first friend, Cherry who is still her best friend. At first, the friendship was a challenge because Phoebe had to lie to her best friend to keep the family's superpowers a secret.
Phoebe also made other friends like Sarah and Ashley through Sarah's group of smart students after joining them for Math Bowl in Report Card. Phoebe was a perfect match for the group because she was already one of the smartest students. However, at the same time, she still struggled to fit in with the popular girls. One of the popular girls, Veronica, attacked her with spitballs during choir solo auditions. Madison became Phoebe's enemy after making Phoebe fail cheerleader tryouts and trying to humiliate Cherry. Any attempt to become friends with Winnie Lee ended up in humiliation until Phoebe stopped trying. By the junior year, she managed to become friends with one of the cheerleaders, Maddy and her friend Roxy. However, Cherry remains to be Phoebe's best friends.
Since joining the school, Phoebe has been very involved in most school activities. She was the captain of the Math Bowl in Report Card. She ran for class president in You Stole My Thunder, Man but she ended up losing it to Max. She tried for school choir in Pretty Little Choirs but Veronica attacked her with spitballs. She helped organize school dance in The Amazing Rat Race and the junior prom in Thundermans: Secret Revealed. However, her school life hasn't been smooth because she often finds herself in trouble with Principal Bradford who hates both Phoebe and Max.
Phoebe showed her desire to train and become a superhero and her dad offered to train her. In Thunder Van, she started training to join the Hero University but after she had Max messed up in the Thunder Van, she decided to take it slow. However, by Cape Fear, she realized that she needed to put more effort in training after her best friend from Metroburg got her Superhero Cape. Unfortunately, she ruined her chances when she sneaked to a rooftop party and used telekinesis to save someone from falling. She let Max take the credit so that she doesn't get in trouble. Max blew up the chance for both of them to get the superhero cape.
Phoebe didn't give up on getting the superhero cape. In A Hero Is Born, Phoebe exposed the family's secret to her best friend Cherry so that Cherry can babysit Chloe while Phoebe saves Max from the evil villains led by King Crab. As a reward for saving Cherry, the Hero League awarded Phoebe a superhero cape.
In Phoebe vs. Max: The Sequel, Phoebe officially started her training to become a superhero. The Hero League assigned her to become the protector of Hiddenville as part of her training. Since Hiddenville doesn't have a lot of criminals, she made a deal with Max so that Max will keep committing crimes while Phoebe practices to stop him.
In Evil Never Sleeps the Hero League tested Phoebe's ability to make the right decisions as a superhero by having her choose between saving the world and turning over her boyfriend's dad, Mike Evilman. It was a tough choice for Phoebe but eventually she chose to report Evilman even if that means breaking up with Link. She passed the test.
The next step of Superhero training, the Hero League asked Phoebe to choose a superhero mentor in No Country for Old Mentors. With Max's help, she got Tech Rider as her mentor but he turned out to be reckless. So, she finally chose Thunder Man to be her mentor.
In Back To School, the Hero League discovered that Phoebe hadn't taken her fifth-grade power-assessment test. So, President Kickbutt forced her and Max to go back to Secret Academy of Superpower Studies in order to take the test, or else Phoebe would not qualify to become a superhero.
Superhero Ascension and Z-Force
Phoebe was exposed as Thundergirl in the special, Thundermans: Secret Revealed. In Season 4, she and Max will fight crime together, after he becomes good, in the special. She will also have to deal with the fame with all her friends, after everyone found out about her being, Thundergirl.
In Thundermans: Banished!, Phoebe started training Max to become a good superhero like her. She also got nominated for a chance to join the legendary Z-Force, an elite team of superheroes. This got her distracted from training competition between her and Max. After the Thundermans are banished from Hiddenville by the Hero League, Phoebe and her brother risk everything to come back to Hiddenville and save the city. At the end, both she and Max are nominated for the potential spot on the Z-Force.
Since getting the opportunity to join Z-Force came up, Phoebe has been training vigorously with her twin brother, Max, in order to qualify for the Z-Force slot. In Smells Like Team Spirit, she was worried that Max might mess up and ruin their chances of joining the Z-Force but eventually the Thunder Twins learn to work together. In Max to the Future, she submitted her skills to Z-Force for the team, but Max wanted her to submit at least one of his skills: gadgets. She eventually realized that Max's gadgets do actually work and therefore included them as part of their team's special skills.
Phoebe suffered a neck injury in "May Z-Force Be With You" when Principal Bradford accidentally hit her during ping pong, causing Phoebe to fall off the stair case. Unfortunately, this happened just before an important Z-Force interview which would advance the Thunder Twins to the final stage of the recruitment process. While Phoebe was on full body cast, she trained Cherry to pretend to be her for the interview and it worked.
In "Come What Mayhem", Phoebe makes a life-changing decision when one of Max's pranks threatens to ruin the 75th Supe Awards ceremony. When Max tells her that back when he was evil he had planted a stink bomb to go off during the Supe Awards, Phoebe feels that it's her duty to clean another one of Max's mess and save their chances of getting into Z-Force. Since the stink bomb is put inside a Thundertanium casing, it needs an electro-plasma blast to disable it. So, Phoebe suggests taking in Dark Mayhem's powers from the orb but Max warns that Dark Mayhem's powers are pure evil and would turn anyone who uses them evil. Max makes a gadget that utilizes lemon's electro-plasma energy but Phoebe doesn't have much faith in Max's gadget. So, she absorbs Dark Mayhem's powers anyway. She stops the stink bomb despite the fact that Max's gadget would have worked as well.
When Phoebe tries to return the superpowers to the orb, the powers fail to get back in. The powers instead turn Phoebe evil, making her eyes glow red.
Phoebe Thunderman is the most friendliest person you will ever meet, unless you catch her with her twin brother, Max. She is very smart and is willing to take the chance of living a double life (as a normal student and a superhero). Also, being a superhero and living a regular life does not stop her either. She still works to accomplish everything she can. She exceeds her best friend, Cherry, and tries to do everything in an orderly fashion.
Phoebe Thunderman may look like your average girl next door, but her superpowers will make you think the opposite! But that doesn't stop her from trying to fit in. She's a responsible, straight-A student who tries to play by the "no-powers" rule... unless her aspiring villain and twin brother Max forces her to do otherwise!
Phoebe is an intellectual. She loves math, and is a tad bit nerdy. She’s trying to navigate having a social life, dealing with boys (she has a crush), friends, and hiding her superpowers, including freeze breath, telekinesis, and other fun stuff.
Alternate Versions of Phoebe
Throughout the series, there has been multiple alternate versions of Phoebe Thunderman.
- This was a clone of Phoebe created by her brother Max in the episode Phoebe's a Clone Now. Clone Phoebe was a lot like the real Phoebe. She could talk and had the same sense of humor as the real Phoebe and was also smart until Max accidentally knocked her head with books. She turned dumb and the Thunder Twins had to spend the rest of the day trying to keep her under control.
Spirit of Christmas Past
- The Spirit of Christmas Past came to Max in Phoebe's form during his dream in Winter Thunderland. She talked with a valley girl accent. When Max first saw her, he thought it was the real Phoebe and screamed telling his parents that Phoebe had finally snapped. She took Max to the past and showed him how his plans to ruin Christmas always turned out to be good for the family. Later on, Max speaks in the Valley Girl Phoebe's accent in front of the real Phoebe.
The Spirit of Christmas Present
- This version of Phoebe also appeared to Max in Winter Thunderland.. She was dressed up in a present costume and kept beating Max. She took Max to that Christmas morning to show him what would happen if he gave Nora a terrible gift.
The Spirit of Christmas Future
- This was the final version of Christmas Spirit Phoebe to appear to Max in Winter Thunderland. She dressed in dark clothes with a goth-girl persona. She hated everything and failed to find anything funny. She refused to "thunder bump" Max and told him they mind text in the future, after which she mind-texted him a bad word. She took Max to the future to show her what really became of the Thundermans family because of Max stealing everyone's Christmas presents. She is the one who convinced Max that what he had done was really bad and made him change his mind. She refused to bring Max back to the present.
Bad Future Phoebe
- Also, in Winter Thunderland, when the Spirit of Christmas Future took Max to the future, they found a version of Phoebe who was very evil. Phoebe had turned into an evil villain who ruled Hiddenville High with a iron fist. Literally. Her hand had been caught and replaced with an iron fist. She enslaved students and teachers at the school. Max liked this Phoebe because she was embracing being evil.
- Devil Phoebe appeared on Phoebe's table in Can't Spy Me Love. She was dressed in red with a horn like a devil. She tempted Phoebe into using the Hero League's "Find A Fiend" app to track the cute boy. She said the boy was "dangerously cute." Later on, when the cute boy came to the house, Devil Phoebe convinced the other Phoebe's to not tell the real Phoebe because they were excited about pizza.
- Angel Phoebe appeared to Phoebe on the other side of Devil Phoebe. She was dressed in white and had wings like an angel. Phoebe thought it was the classic trope where the angel would guide her to make the right choice. Unfortunately, Angel Phoebe joined Devil Phoebe in tempting Phoebe to use the Hero League app. She convinced Phoebe to use it because that was the first boy she ever liked since Link.
- While Angel Phoebe and Devil Phoebe were distracting Phoebe in Can't Spy Me Love, IT Phoebe was already using the Find A Fiend app to track the cute boy. She also helped Phoebe back up in the cloud. IT Phoebe was dressed like an IT girl and had a lanyard and glasses.
- This was a version of Phoebe in Phoebe's story to Chloe in Robin Hood: Prince of Pheebs. Phoebe Hood had great bow and arrow skills and used them to fight injustice and save the poor from the rich. The evil Sheriff Maxingham and King Colosso got mad at her for ruining their plans. So, they held fake archery contest to draw her out. They caught her in attempt to catapult her out of the kingdom. But, Sheriff Maxingham had a change of heart and helped Phoebe Hood escape. Phoebe Hood invited him to join her Merry Crew.
- Phoebe Monsterman was a witch in Dr. Colosso's spooky story, "The Monstermans," in Happy Heroween. She lived with the rest of the Monstermans family in Humanville where they disguised themselves as humans in public. She tried to convince humans that she wasn't a real witch by frequently saying, "I'm not a real witch." She made a man disappear.
In Come What Mayhem, she used the orb containing Dark Mayhem's powers in it to obtain a power necessary to save the Supe Awards. At the end of the episode, she tried to get rid of his powers. However, the orb couldn't do it for reasons unknown, therefore making her evil.
Main Article: Thunder Twins
- Max is Phoebe's twin brother and even though Max pulls pranks on her she usually forgives him. In Report Card they have a special handshake and Max purposely lost the tournament for Phoebe which she picked up on.
- He is Phoebe's little brother who has super-speed. He isn't too smart, and often hangs out with Nora.
- Nora is Phoebe's little sister who has the power to shoot lasers from her eyes. Phoebe is scared of Nora.
- Hank is Phoebe's dad who has super-strength and can fly. He was born in Metroburg.
- Barb is Phoebe's mom who's superpower is being able to shoot lightning at an enemy. She is overprotective with Phoebe and wants Phoebe to be safe as shown in Chutes and Splatters. She was born in a barn.
- Chloe is Phoebe's youngest sibling who has the superpower to teleport. Phoebe wants to be Chloe's favorite sibling. In a season 3 episode, Chloe says that Max is her favorite, leading her to become jealous. She tells Chloe the story of Phoebe- hood, where she is a hero and Max the villain. At a certain part when Max walks in, Chloe teleports him to Antarctica, and Phoebe must make an alternate ending to the story.
Main Article: Phoebe and Cherry
- - Cherry is Phoebe's lively first best friend. Cherry almost found out about her powers and was the first non supe to go inside the house. Cherry and Phoebe hang out a lot and do things together.
- Her frenemy. Phoebe and Allison are friends and work together most of the times, but they can also get a little too competitive. Phoebe loves Allison and wants her to be Max's girlfriend. She goes through great lengths to keep Max and Allison together. She even got into a wrestling match, fighting to protect the relationship.
- Kelsey is Phoebe's friend who was one of the four girls invited to Phoebe's sleepover. She appeared alongside Ashley, Cherry and Sarah.
- Sarah is Phoebe's friend. Phoebe doesn't like Sarah having a crush on Max.
- Winnie is Phoebe's friend. It's possible they are not friends anymore because Phoebe said she doesn't want to be in their group.
Main Article: Phoebe and Link
- Link and Phoebe both had powers and Link and Phoebe meet in Meet the Evilmans. They began dating later.
Main Article: Phoebe and Cole
- Cole was Phoebe's first crush and they had a crush on each other too.
- Phoebe thought Oyster was a cool guy but lost interest in him after Phoebe had a flashback about how her hair looks like.
- Phoebe had a crush on Dylan, but later doesn't because Dylan is not interested in her anymore.
- Gideon has a crush on Phoebe, but Phoebe doesn't like him back.
Powers and Abilities
- Telekinesis: Like her brother, Phoebe can move objects with her mind. Currently, limits to her power are not known (the most objects previously manipulated were three). With this power, she has been able to demonstrate multiple effects such from manipulating waves to stopping motion.
- Telekinetic Blast: Like her brother, She can create blasts of telekinetic energy. These blasts are strong enough to destroy objects.
- Semi-Force Field Generation: In Haunted Thundermans, when possessed by the Green Ghoul, Phoebe was capable of blasting telekinetic multiple telekinetic waves at once to stop Max from attacking her.
- Telekinetic Maneuver: In Evil Never Sleeps and various other episodes, Phoebe was capable of redirecting the path of a suitcase with ease and manipulating the direction of an object.
- Binding: In Give Me a Break Up, Phoebe was able to stop a boomerang from hitting Cherry.
- Telekinetic Combustion/Explosion: When manipulating an object with Max, a common effect is telekinetic combustion where the object explodes and/or breaks into multiple pieces. This was seen in Weird Science Fair.
- Ergokinesis: In Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Phoebe and Max were capable of moving, binding, and manipulating Dark Mayhem's Energy Projectiles.
- Motor-Skill Manipulation: In Breaking Dad, Phoebe and Max were capable of manipulating the movement of Hank during the time he was in deep sleep. With this, they were capable of moving his arms, legs, and etc. to achieve effects of Hank being awake while he was really sleeping.
- Telekinetic Blast: Like her brother, She can create blasts of telekinetic energy. These blasts are strong enough to destroy objects.
- Freeze Breath: Able to breath pure cold like Max, which she can use to freeze people in ice. It apparently has no long terms affects. She can also use this to make snow. Its also revealed to also work on ghosts. (Haunted Thundermans). According to Phoebe, if Phoebe and Max's ice breaths touch, they could freeze a whole city.
- Heat Breath: Like Max, she can breathe blasts of pure heat, which can achieve multiple feats such as melting people that have been frozen, or heating objects.
- Fire Ball Projection: In Haunted Thundermans, Phoebe was capable of creating Ice Sphere Projectiles when under the possession of the Green Ghoul.
- Super Intelligence: Like her brother, Phoebe has super intelligence. She is able to do tasks such as hack her brother's computer system and is also very good at average school subjects, particularly math.
- Thundersense: Like her brother, Phoebe gains the ability to sense danger before it occurs. However, it is not always specific enough to tell what the danger is. She gained this ability before her brother did. (Thundersense).
- True Sight: As a Superhero she has the power to see and hear ghosts. (Haunted Thundermans)
Powers Given by Orb
- Ergokinesis: By using the power-sapping orb, Phoebe obtained the ability to manipulate and generate Energy. This energy manifests in a greenish color and can be used to destroy, push, and even disintegrate his targets. This is the first ability displayed by Phoebe and tryed to use it multiple times.
- Destruction/Disintegration: With the help of Dark Mayhem’s powers, Phoebe is capable of destroying and inducing disintegrating on any object that her energy touches. She first used this ability in Come What Mayhem where she destroyed Max’s stinkbomb.
- Photographic Memory: Phoebe has photographic memory which allows her to remember information or visual images in great details even after seeing it for a very short time. This was first revealed in Smells Like Team Spirit.
- Acrobatics: In Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Pheobe did flips and back flips and cartwheels all over the place.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: In Thundermans: Secret Revealed and various other episodes, Pheobe could take on Dark Mayhem and her brother Max with using nothing but her physical prowess.
- Japanese Conversation: In Max to the Future, one of the skills she listed on her Z-Force application was Japanese Conversation.
- Expert Bo-Staff Combatant: In Max to the Future, one of the skills she listed on her Z-Force application and was capable of actually doing was using a bo-staff.
- Max beheaded her dolls when she was five years old.
- Her first best friend is Cherry.
- In her old school her school photos were formal and she had to wear her superhero outfit.
- Max once poured chocolate and cheese on her during picture days.
- It drives Phoebe crazy when Max puts an empty jar of peanut butter on the shelf.
- She once tried greasing Max's slide.
- She used to wear braces.
- She wears a retainer to bed.
- Phoebe has a teddy bear called Mr. Grumbles.
- She stopped Max's lair from self-destructing, after causing it to almost self destruct (Phoebe vs. Max)
- She enjoys school.
- She is very good at Math.
- She can play the keyboard (Phoebe's A Clone Now).
- She is 20 seconds older than Max (Thundersense).
- She can't keep a secret(Restaurant Crashers,The Amazing Rat Race)
- She can sing, as shown in Pretty Little Choirs.
- She claps loud when she's nervous (Pretty Little Choirs).
- She did a freeze kick and a super wedgie to Max. (Pretty Little Choirs)
- She is the only one of the family to never lose their powers(Secret Revealed)
- She likes sheep.
- She loves using metal detectors at the beach.
- She is a great dancer.
- She once turned blue because of Max. (Blue Detective)
- She is a big fan of "MKTO" music band.
- She got her thunder sense before Max.
- She can also be cocky at times.
- She is allergic to cats, along with max.
- She is right-handed.
- Since she's born on March 22nd, Phoebe's zodiac sign would be an Aries.
|The image gallery for Phoebe Thunderman may be viewed here.|