Hey, I'm not creepy, I'm quirky.
— Nora to Darcy
Nora Thunderman is a main character on The Thundermans. She is the daughter of the retired superheroes, Hank and Barb Thunderman. She used to be the youngest child until her younger sister, Chloe Thunderman was born. Nora is portrayed by Addison Riecke.
Like her siblings, Phoebe, Max, Billy and Chloe, Nora has superpowers and is planning to become a superhero. Nora's superpower is Heat Vision (laser eyes). Nora is known for being the toughest of the Thundermans and also for her bows that she wears all the time.
Nora was born in Metroburg but later moved to Hiddenville along with the rest of the Thundermans family to live a normal life. She goes to school at Hiddenville Elementary School with her brother, Billy.
When not in school, Nora spends most of her free time playing with Billy or helping out with other tasks. In Paging Dr. Thunderman, Nora gets accepted to a prestigious girls' school but declines the offer so that she can have more time to play with Billy.
In A Hero Is Born, Nora is worried that after Chloe is born, she won't be the cutest baby in the family anymore. She feels so insecure that she even forces her way into a baby competition to prove that she is better than the other babies. Billy comforts her by revealing that he felt the same when Nora was born and even "tried" to mail her to Abu Dhabi, but then Nora grew up to be his best friend in the entire world. This helps Nora accept Chloe.
Since Chloe's birth, Nora has been trying to balance spending time with both Chloe and Billy equally. In Exit Stage Theft, Billy worries that Nora spends more time with Chloe but Nora apologizes and reminds him that he loves them both.
Nora's ambitions to become a superhero are tested in Patch Me If You Can when she almost zaps Chloe while practising her laser eyes "trick shots." She gives up using superpowers because she doesn't want to hurt anybody else. However, thanks to advice from her mom, Nora learns that superheroes fall too but what makes them super is the ability to rise again. She resumes using her powers but promises to be more careful. She saves the day by using her trick shots to laser off the evil eye patch from Harris Evilman.
After seeing the success of Phoebe as ThunderGirl in Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Nora wants to start training to become a superhero. She takes the Hero League aptitude test and passes with a 97%. Unfortunately, her superpowers are taken by Max. When the powers are restored, Nora gets Teleportation and uses it to fight her first supervillain, Fairy Pinch-ess. After defeating the villain, with Billy's help, Nora helps get some of the people to safety
Nora may be the smallest kid in the Thunderman bunch, but she knows more than what her tiny years let for. She gets her biggest thrills from getting in the way of Billy's shenanigans and has a spunky personality to boot.
- Nora is the most manipulative Thunderman and things have to go her way. She easily manipulates her parents, as well as her siblings.
- All the other Thundermans are scared of her. Both Max and Hank have said several times that they're afraid of her as seen in You Stole My Thunder, Man and Are You Afraid of the Park?
- When she gets angry, she activates her Laser eyes, ready to attack, even in front of non-supes. The others usually stop her before it's too late.
- She's very tough and strong-minded but her weakness is her bows. If you threaten her bows, she cracks easily even if she had promised someone else to keep a secret - You Stole My Thunder, Man.
- She is very smart, just like Max and Phoebe and she actually outsmarts them sometimes.
Main Article: Billy and Nora
- - Even though she lasers him and sometimes gets annoyed at Billy's antics, she thinks of Billy as her best friend. They both have a good relationship and Billy thinks of Nora as his best friend. When Nora was accepted in a different school, she found out she won't have time to spend time with Billy.
Powers and Abilities
- Heat Vision: Nora can shoot fire beams of heat from her eyes, she can also control the intensity of them. Her lasers can be reflected by objects making it possible for her to hit more than one target at once and allows her to do her "trick shots" (mentioned and demonstrated in Patch Me If You Can). Besides it was shown that Nora is able to free herself easily when frozen by Phoebe or Max by melting the ice with her power.
- Explosion Inducement: In Going Wonkers, Nora made Hank's 3D puzzle explode when she applied enough heat to it.
- True Sight: As a Superhero she has the power to see and hear ghosts.(Haunted Thundermans)
- Silent Sonic Screaming: In The Amazing Rat Race, when she saw the rat, she opened her mouth like she was screaming but made no sound, however, it broke glass.
- Teleportation: Nora gets teleportation after the orb changed her powers in Thundermans: Secret Revealed.
- Nora has many similarities with Anais Watterson: one of the main characters from The Amazing World of Gumball.
- In the first two seasons she is the youngest family member and plays the "mommy's and daddy's little girl" card quite often to get what she wants. This changes when Chloe is born.
- She has a bow collection which she loves a lot.
- She picks on her brother Billy Thunderman.
- Only Max knows where Nora's bow collection is.
- She knows and can speak German poetry
- She is fluent in French - Paging Dr. Thunderman, He Got Game Night
- She reads Phoebe's diary.
- Nora won an election against Hank in Back To School but let him be the president.
- Nora's first supervillain to fight was Fairy Pinch-ess in Thundermans: Secret Revealed
- She passed the Hero League aptitude test with a 97%.
- Nora's fandom is called #Noranators in Thundermans: Banished!
If your dumb foot touches me again, I'm gonna laser it right off!
— Nora, Are You Afraid of the Park?
I like it when my eyes fart fire!
— Nora, He Got Game Night
Oh no, dad's fixing things!
— Nora, Pheebs Will Rock You
The image gallery for Nora Thunderman may be viewed here