|“||I already have it all.||”|
— Max in Secret Revealed
Despite growing up in a family of superheroes, Max wanted to become a supervillain because he felt overshadowed by Phoebe and wanted to be the best at what he does. His family believed that Max was just going through a phase and wasn't truly evil. Eventually, Max had to make a tough choice betweeen being a hero and a villain. He chose to become a superhero and is currently training being a superhero.
Max is the oldest son of Hank and Barb Thunderman, born 20 seconds after his twin sister, Phoebe. He is the elder brother of Billy, Nora and Chloe Thunderman. Max was born in Metroburg before his parents moved to Hiddenville to help the kids leave a normal life.
In Phoebe vs. Max, it was revealed that Max's role model is Dark Mayhem, who later plays a big role in shaping Max's life. Max also revealed that he only wanted to become a supervillain because he felt overshadowed by Phoebe because she was really good at being a superhero.
Max brought together his friends in Pheebs Will Rock You to start a boy band, the Max's Band. The band has performed a couple gigs and has been moderately successful. He spends most of his time with the band when he's not with Phoebe or planning something evil.
In Cape Fear, Max jumped to the top of the list to get the last superhero cape of the year from the Hero League after taking the blame for Phoebe sneaking out and saving the world. Unfortunately, he blew his chance when Phoebe and Dr. Colosso convinced him that he's turning good.
In A Hero Is Born, Max took Dr. Colosso to receive his Villain of the Decade award at the Villain League headquarters but Colosso turned against him and had him captured by King Crab. Phoebe came in to save him.
Max started taking his dark side more seriously in Phoebe vs. Max: The Sequel when Dark Mayhem called him and asked him to start committing crimes and keep a chronicle. Mayhem has been reviewing the chronicle periodically to see Max's evil progress.
In Exit Stage Theft, Max realized that he needed to take his game seriously in order to impress Dark Mayhem with the evil chronicle review. With advice from the ever-reliable Dr. Colosso, he ditched his band and joined a bunch of bad girls. He helped the girls steal his band's equipment but later realized that his friends cared about him. He tried to defend them but the girls beat him up until Phoebe came to save him.
During the next chronicle review in Floral Support, Max's chronicle was confiscated by Principal Bradford. Max joined Allison's Green Teenz to help get back the chronicle. However, when he realized that Phoebe was hurt because of it, he walked out on Dark Mayhem during a video chat. Dark Mayhem got mad at him but was impressed that Max had the courage to walk out on him. So, Max continued working on his evil chronicle.
In Date Expectations, Phoebe tricked Max to go on a date with Allison. At the end, he admitted that he loved Allison. He invited her to family game night in He Got Game Night after which they officially became a couple. In Original Prankster, Allison confronted Max about his pranking habits but Max didn't realize it was that bad until he caused his friend, Wolfgang to be almost expelled and deported.
In Back To School, Max was forced by the Hero League to go back to fifth grade at Secret Academy of Superpower Studies to take the super-power assessment test after he revealed that he hacked the school network to get Phoebe to skip school. He passed the power-assessment test.
In Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Max was finally offered the chance to become the supervillain he always wanted to be and join the Villain League when Dark Mayhem asked him to take away ThunderGirl's superpowers. He was excited about the offer but reluctant to take his sister's powers. However, when Phoebe accidentally took away his powers with the orb and got him punished, Max felt compelled to get revenge. He took his parents' powers as well as Nora's and Billy's so that they won't try to stop him from taking Phoebe down. However, an emotional speech from Phoebe opened his eyes and made him realize that he already had it all - his friends, Allison and his family. So, Max made a courageous decision and stood up against Dark Mayhem. He restored his family's powers and helped them defeat Dark Mayhem and his minions.
After that, the Hero League awarded him with the superhero cape, making him officially a superhero.
When people think of nice and helpful, they don't first think of Phoebe's brother Max. His dream is to follow out a true life of evil, but, has shown to have his nice ways. He also owns an evil lair where he does all of his evil things. He has many gadgets like the Max 3000 (a computer created by Max) and an evil pet called Dr Colosso. He is the founder of Max's Band.
When it comes to taking shortcuts, Max Thunderman is your guy. He's mischievous to no end, and has big plans on attending Villain U when he's older. He has the same superpowers as his twin sister Phoebe, but he uses his for whipping up gadgets and potions in his evil lair instead. He is highly intelligent, as wells being very manipulative able to get others to do whatever he wants with ease, he is highly cunning and normally manages to stay one step ahead of others and very brilliant.
Max is also somewhat lazy, although incredibly brilliant and a genius in his own right, he does not normally apply himself or focus on his school subjects, preferring instead to work in his lair on his inventions, formulate schemes or pranks. However he doesn't take kindly to people implying or stating he couldn't handle said subjects and will often go out of his way to prove them wrong.
Despite Max's assertion of being a villain, underneath it all he is really a good person at heart, as he does come through for others when they need him and will do the right thing when it really matters.
Main Article: Thunder Twins
- Phoebe is Max's twin sister, who he usually annoys and aggravates. The two generally don't get along, however underneath it all,no matter how much he denies it, Max really does care about his sister. He is also somewhat envious of her.
Main Article: Allison and Max
- Max and Allison first met in Floral Support and didn’t seem to like each other very much in the beginning which is confirmed by both of them in Date Expectations.
- Date Expectations: When Phoebe set both Allison and Max up on date to trick Allison out of the school, they started to bond while planning their revenge. Later they both have a discussion in which it is revealed that they have more in common (Allison’s parents are telling her she’s going through a phase just like it’s the case with Max) and he apologizes to her for his former behaviour. Both seem to develop a crush on each other at the end of the day.
- In He Got Game Night Allison is Max’s partner at the Thunderman's family game night which ends in her running away as he tells Phoebe that him and Allison are not a couple, leaving Max sad and confused. In the end and with help of the family members he then finally realizes his feelings for the girl, chases after her and formally asks her to be his girlfriend. They are together now.
Main Article: Max and Colosso
- Dr. Colosso is Max's best friend. They live together and do a lot of things together. They care about each other and hate being separated. Their relationship has worked perfectly because Max wanted to become a supervillain and Dr. Colosso, being a former supervillain, helped coach Max into the dark side.
Main Article: Max and Cherry
- Cherry and Max have interacted a lot, thanks to Cherry being Phoebe's best friend. Cherry has been seen to potentially have a crush on Max.
Main Article: Max and Oyster
- Oyster and Max started Max's Band together and have been seen to hang out together most of the time.
Main Article: Max and Tara
- When he first sees her walking in the hallway in the episode Dinner Party, it feels like love at first sight for him, he completely freezes and follows her around. When Phoebe invites the Campbell's because she wants to hang out with Cole, he finds out that Tara is Cole's older sister. Max asks her what she would think if he would sabotage the dinner and she answers that it would be the dumbest thing he could ever do. At the end of the episode Tara knocks on the door and says "Call me" and leaves.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Intelligence: Like his sister, Max has super intelligence.
- Telekinesis: Like his sister, he can move objects or people with his mind. His powers are as strong as his sister and he can manipulate at least three things at once.
- Telekinetic Blast: Like his sister, he can create a blasts of telekinetic energy. This is strong enough to destroy things.
- Ergokinesis: In Thundermans: Secret Revealed, Max and Phoebe were capable of moving, binding and manipulating Dark Mayhem's Energy Projectiles.
- Freeze Breath: Able to breath pure cold, which he can use to freeze people in ice. His ice breath, apparently has no long terms affects on people frozen by it. He can also use this to make snow. Its also revealed to work on ghosts. (Haunted Thundermans)
- Stone Transformation: In Haunted Thundermans, Phoebe and Max turned the Green Ghoul into stone.
- Heat Breath: He can breath a blast of heat, which he can use to unfreeze people he or his sister has frozen. He can increase the temperature of his heat breath to also melt things.
- Fire Ball Projection: In Haunted Thundermans, Phoebe was capable of creating Ice Sphere Projectiles when under the possession of the Green Ghoul.
- Thundersense: Like his sister, Max gains the ability to sense danger before it occurs. However it is not always specific enough to tell what the danger is. He gained this ability after his twin sister did (Thundersense).
- True Sight: As a Superhero he has the power to see and hear ghosts.(Haunted Thundermans)
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: As shown in Haunted Thundermans, he is quite skilled at hand-to-hand combat when battling ghoul when he was in Phoebe's body and was able to do a backflip and frontflip.
- Master Engineer: Max has shown to be able to invent and engineer electronic devices and gadgets. He used this ability to create the Max 5000, a Brain Wiper, and more.
- Max has a pet named Dr. Colosso. He was a supervillian who was transformed into a talking bunny by Hank Thunderman.
- He plans on attending Villain U when he's older.
- He has an evil lair.
- Max has 2 Dark Mayhem posters that, like Uncle Sam, point at viewers but the poster on the right of Dr. Colosso's cage says "I WANT YOU!"
- He likes to play pranks on Phoebe.
- In his old school his school photos where formal and he had to wear his supervillain outfit.
- He is evil because he thinks Phoebe will be the best superhero and he wants to be the best so he will be the best at being evil.
- He has a lot of phones.
- His lair has a nightlight.
- He imitates Phoebe a lot.
- He had a crush on Tara Campbell.
- He owns several Doomsday devices.
- Max is allergic to cats. (Ditch Day)
- He is twins with Phoebe.
- He couldn't ride a bike, but taught himself (Crime After Crime).
- He is twenty seconds younger than Phoebe (Thundersense).
- He has a teddy bear named Grizzly Gus for when he is scared of getting shots (Paging Dr. Thundermans).
- He beheaded Phoebe's dolls when they were five.
- He doesn't know how to floss.
- When Veronica sabotaged Phoebe in choir, he wanted a rhino to attack Veronica.
- He wanted to throw an anvil on Evan in Pretty Little Choirs.
- He violated the "Bunnies Before Honeys" code.
- He used his powers in Pretty Little Choirs when Veronica and her friends tried to spit spitballs at Phoebe while no one was looking.
- He's the only one in the family that knows where Nora keeps her bow collection
- He had a jetpack in the Thunderman's original home, Metroburg.
- In Paging Dr. Thunderman, it's revealed that if Max looks at a needle, he faints.
- In Thundersense, it is revealed that Max is 20 seconds younger than Phoebe, which means that Max got his Thundersense after Phoebe did and pretended that he didn't have his Thundersense yet in order to get pity gifts from Barb until she gets Max a 2,000 Tyrebyte supercomputer with satellite connectivity.
- It's possible he went to European jail one time.
- He can play the guitar (Pheebs Will Rock You).
- He is an excellent dancer (Going Wonkers).
- Despite having incredible intelligence, he gets poor grades at school because of his behavior and lack of interest.
- He is a very skilled hand-to-hand fighter (Haunted Thundermans).
- His middle name was revealed in (Winter Thunderland)
|The image gallery for Max Thunderman may be viewed here|